Skip to main content

How do I Find the Best Online Casino?

Last Updated on August 2, 2022 by Jennifer Wright

The article was created to explain how to find the best online casino. We shall look at how to source credible sites that have a wide selection of casino games, popular payment methods, good payouts, and generous casino bonuses.

If you are a casino player then finding yourself an ideal online casino is a great decision as you can enjoy your games whenever and wherever you happen to be. 

How do I Find the Best Online Casino

 

Finding a Credible Online Casino Site

There will always be rogue sites online, including some casino sites. Luckily, many credible ones are fully licensed by a reputable Gambling Commission and/or Gaming Authority. 

For example, the UK Gambling Commission is responsible for regulating gambling and supervising gaming laws in Great Britain. All operators who run or manage a gambling business are required to have a gambling license. The seal of approval or logo is usually displayed on the homepage, which acts as a direct link where anyone can check its validity. 

 

The UK Gambling Commission

The UK Gambling Act of 2005 sets out three objectives. The Gambling Commission is responsible for making sure that all licensing applications meet all three.

  • To prevent gambling from becoming the means of crime or disorder, being used to support crime, or being associated with crime or disorder. 
  • To protect children and other vulnerable people from being exploited or harmed in any way by gambling. 
  • To ensure that gambling is conducted fairly and openly. 

 

Malta Gaming Authority 

Malta has long been one of the most reputable jurisdictions in the gaming industry actively raising standards and protecting the interests of consumers. Supporting the industry, new ideas and technological innovations the MGA provides authoritative information which is easily accessible granting licenses related to gambling. 

The aims of the MGA include:- the protection of vulnerable purple including children. The promotion of responsible gaming in a safe and secure environment. To safeguard the rights of all players. To ensure that there is no criminal activity involved in gaming and to ensure the integrity of all games and gaming devices. 

You will be able to see the MGA logo on the home page which can be clicked as it is a link to the official MGA site.

 

eCOGRA (eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance)

eCOGRA is an internationally recognised, approved, and accredited certification agency, which provides standards for online gambling and the protection of players. Based in the UK, eCOGRA brought the first formal regulating program for online gambling. They are a widely recognised testing agency that specialises in auditing security management systems and certifying online gaming software. eCORGRA is ISO approved which is a requirement for any auditing body. 

As with the gambling license logo, the eCOGRA logo will be displayed on the home page. One of eCOGRAS’s main services is to help casinos to comply with their local laws and regulations ensuring that they fulfill all player protection requirements. 

Never play at any online casino that does not take its responsibility seriously. The illegal casino can be closed whilst they have your money and it can be a difficult process to recover them.

 

Choice of Casino Games

As we all have varied tastes online casinos offer a variety of games. The best casinos offer multiple games developed by only the major players of the online gambling software industry, and you should be able to choose from a good selection of slots, table and live games. Any lack of choice will ultimately make your gaming experience boring and should be avoided. 

 

Casino Bonuses

All online casinos offer bonuses and promotional offers to tempt new players through its virtual doors. As a successful tried and tested marketing strategy the casino bonus boosts your bankroll enabling more playing time, perhaps on games you would not have played before. 

Casino bonuses and promotions do vary so check out which suit your playing style before opting in. The best online casinos will offer bonuses that are generous and fair, but they will have some restrictions attached.

The largest bonus offered is the welcome or sign-up offer. This bonus can be offered in stages or all at once, again check the restrictions attached before opting in. The best casinos will also offer other bonuses and promotional offers to loyal players which are well worth considering.

 

Banking Options

The casino of your choice should offer user-friendly banking options for both deposits and withdrawals. The best online casinos offer a wide selection of payment methods like PayPal, debit cards, and direct money transfers amongst others. 

All of the best online casinos utilize the latest security software in order to keep your private details, including your banking information confidential. Never play at an online casino that does not take your security online seriously. 

 

Return to Player Percentages & House Edge

The gamlbing industry is a highly competitive market, but they also need to make a profit. Each  game has its own RTP (return to player) percentage. The RTP is the expected percentage of wagers any specific game will give back to the players in the long term. 

For instance, if a slot game has a RTP of say 20% then you can reasonably expect the average RTP to be 80% which means that the machine gets 20% in revenue whilst all players have a fair chance of winning back 80% of all their bets.

The house edge is a term that relates to the casino’s overall gross profit. All casino games are either ones of chance or skill with most having mathematically determined odds, and all have a different house edge. We all know that the casino will win in the long run, the house edge tells us how much the casino will win on average. 

For example, if a game has a 5% house edge and you make an initial wager of £1 then you can expect to lose 5p. Similarly, if you made an initial wager of £100 you can expect to lose £5.

 

In Conclusion

Online casinos are here to stay, infact, reports show that the preferred method to play casino games is online. With a little knowledge it is easy to find a site that suits your gaming needs. The best online casinos offer you a fair and honest experience in an environment that is immersive, entertaining, safe and secure.